Safety Assessment Documentation
According to EU requirements contained in Regulation EC 1223/2009, a cosmetic product must be safe for human health under normal or foreseeable conditions of use.
Therefore, before placing a cosmetic product on the market the manufacturer is obliged to conduct a full safety analysis of the product, i.e. to have a Safety Assessment report.
The full scope of safety assessment, in accordance with the requirements of Regulation EC 1223/2009, includes:
- Verification of the correctness of the cosmetic label;
- Preparation of cosmetic product specification or safety data sheet;
- Determination of necessary studies and legal advice on placing cosmetics on the market;
- Preparation of the final report – Cosmetic Product Safety Assessment Report by the Safety Assessor;
- Notification in the European CPNP system.
If you want to know – HOW TO MARKET A SAFE COSMETIC PRODUCT? – CLICK HERE.